Tuesday

MILLINERY WORLD


On a quest to start looking for wedding outfits for our upcoming wedding, I scoured the web for bridal boutiques. I had visited Kleinfeld's and other big-name shops, but I wanted to look for something more unique, more customized, made by an individual--not a factory. In my search thus far, I've stumbled upon some of NYC's most skilled artisans.

Ellen Christine's Millinery is a true West Village treasure gem. My sister Vicky and I were lost trying to find her showroom, four flights up an unmarked townhouse on 99 Van Dam Street.

Upon entering, we found a romantic, cozy space decorated with chandeliers, chaise lounges, soft lamps, plants. We were immediately lost in a world of hats, hats, hats, and more hats. Colorful couture hats and veiled headpieces of all different sizes, shapes and materials -- skillfully adorned with plumes and bows -- line the walls. Each one is a delicate work of art.

Definitely worth a visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment